Reader Email: Is the Year Off-Campus Transferable?

The Email: I am a first-year student with three years of university housing guaranteed. If I choose to live off-campus next year as a sophomore, can I then live in university housing for my junior and senior year?

Off-Campus Student Living's Response: Students with three years of guaranteed university housing must take their year off-campus as juniors. The junior year off is non-transferable. For example, if a rising sophomore with three years of housing chooses to move off-campus, he/she will have to remain off-campus for both the sophomore and junior year, but will be eligible to move back on campus for senior year. 

Please note that there is no university housing requirement and students can choose to move off at any point during their time at BC. Students can also request an additional year of university housing by filing an appeal with the Office of Residential Life through the Agora Portal.

Popular Posts: Last Seven Days