Roommate Rift: The Refrigerator
Tips to Make the Process Easier:
- Start by completely emptying the fridge. Everyone work together. It sounds cheesy, but it doesn't matter who the leftovers belong to when they are three months old, chuck them!
- The worst of the smell is probably the milk and eggs! Get rid of these first and take the trash out to the dumpster and the rest of your job will be much more pleasant.
- Next, clean the individual contents of the fridge by wiping all containers with a damp rag and drying them completely.
- Spray the inside of the fridge with a solution of vinegar and water, concentrating on soiled areas and let it soak in. After a few minutes, wipe the fridge clean with a dry rag.
- Make the fridge a priority. The freezer will probably be safe for awhile. At the very least the food left behind won't rot and smell. Start with the fridge and move to the freezer when you have time.
- When you're done put an opened pack of baking soda in the back of the fridge. Baking soda absorbs order and will help keep your fridge smelling fresh longer!