Eight Great Date Spots
Are you taking Professor Cronin's relationship class? Maybe you just have your eye on a special someone? With Valentine's Day coming up we thought we would help you come up with some great date spots. Here are eight great date spots that are accessible, affordable, and fun!
(1) Share tapas at Tasca: Easily accessible by the T, this place is perfect for a romantic atmosphere and shared plates for a price that won't break the bank. If it is a weekend, make a reservation in advance.
(2) Charles River Sunset Cruise: Enjoy a 75-minute sunset cruise of Boston Harbor while experiencing breathtaking views of the fading daylight against Boston’s city skyline. You can purchase tickets here (they are $18.50 each). After the cruise, check out some restaurants at The CambridgeSide Galleria Mall. Save this idea for the spring or summer!
(4) Paint Nite at Green Briar: Take it from someone who has attended four (yup, four) Paint Nites, they are a blast! Not only is it fun and relaxing to paint (or attempt to paint), but it is super relaxing environment for you and you date. When you finish creating your work of art, you can grab food or drink at the restaurant. Be sure to proudly display your completed work of art in your apartment!
(5) Tour the Museum of Fine Arts: For a fun date on a budget, be sure to visit the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. Explore one of the most comprehensive museums in the world, with art from ancient Egyptian to contemporary. Believe it or not, but the Museum of Fine Arts is FREE with your Boston College ID card. It is easily accessible via the T.
(6) Brunch at Paris Creperie: One of my all-time favorite places for breakfast/brunch is Paris Creperie in Coolidge Corner. This place has some amazingly delicious crepes to satisfy even the pickiest eater. A must-have is the Nutella frozen hot chocolate (get the large and share it with your date). It is often very busy, especially Saturday and Sunday mornings, so be prepared for that.
(7) Hit the lanes at Lucky Strike: For a more active adventure, visit the bowling lanes of Luck Strike at Jillian's in Boston (next to Fenway). This is the perfect place for dinner and drinks, fun games, and lots of big screen TVs to watch your local teams play. Keep in mind it is 21+ after 8:00pm.
(8) Catch a flick at the Superlux: For a luxury movie viewing experience, stop by the Superlux in Chestnut Hill. Your best bet is to take a taxi or Uber to the location (or drive if you have a car). You can enjoy dinner while you watch your movie in a leather reclining chair. I recommend the Lux Lite as it is less expensive but just as enjoyable!
Enjoy your dates!