Thanksgiving Weekend Security Notice
As Thanksgiving weekend approaches, please take a few minutes to review the following reminders about securing your apartment before heading home for the long holiday weekend. Keep in mind that neighborhoods with high student residency are often tempting to many would-be intruders around this time of year.
Security Tips and Reminders:
- Secure your apartment when you leave, making sure that all doors and windows are shut and locked. If windows or doors are not securing properly, contact your landlord immediately to have them repaired.
- If you have air conditioning units installed in a window, remove the unit and secure that window, especially where there is access to a fire escape. If they cannot be removed, make sure they are securely fastened.
- If possible, activate tracking options on all electronic devises, or simply take all valuables home with you.
- Report all suspicious activity by calling your local police department or dialing 911.
- If you do come across an intruder, make noise, put lights on, yell for help, try to get a description of the intruder, and go to a safe place to call the police immediately.